Yul Edochie's second wife and its consequences

 

Yul Edochie and his family. What is your take? (Photo credit: Google)

Ada asked me to write about Yul Edochie and his second wife announcement; I am not the type that teaches people how to live their lives, but if you come to the public space to tell people about loyalty and relationship purity, you should not be the one to flout the rules, here is my take.

I see polygamists throwing the dirty carrots of homosexuality in our faces. Can you own your shit without trying to blackmail people? Yo! Two wrongs will never equal anything good; stop asking us to choose between polygamy and homosexuality; you have stronger leverage, think smartly, and look within; you’re not fighting to win.

My worry about Yul’s announcement is this: Did he talk to his wife about his decision to take a second wife, or did she find out on social media? That can hurt and have severe consequences; I won’t go deeper into that; I’ll leave it.

There’s a thin line between having opinions and being judgmental. I think Yul is old enough to know what is best for him, but I worry about people that see him as a role model, I worry about young men who would start frolicking, and when you question them, they will ask you to look at their idol.

This brings me to the part where we idolize humans, forgetting that they’re the first humans to become celebrities. I am not a big fan of Yul, but that doesn’t add anything to my take; he has the right to choose for himself, but did he respect his wife?

Many polygamists ask: Would you rather I run reckless activities out there or marry as many as I desire for me to stay off the streets? I have a counter-question for them, can you stay honest and fair to them all? Can you love them equally?

My grandfather was a polygamist, and I witnessed first-hand the madness that comes with it; not even in Africa, where everything is competition, while civilization is taking over lots of odd acts, I still won’t put it past these women to try to out-do the other the best way they can.

All the best to Yul and his endeavors, I am not a fan of polygamy, and I will leave it there. Now I’m asking, is marriage worth it? How do you get married to someone today and lose interest tomorrow? Is contract marriage worth considering? Am I moving mad, abi? Let me go.

 

Comments

  1. Can he even cope with this new life be wants to start???

    Something his father didn't do

    Then coming out publicly to even say it sef

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fear of divorce has been the only thing holding me back from getting married. Its not easy seeing another woman share your husband with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs