This man behind the keypads is bleeding...

 

The gas is burning low but morning isn't far away... Still I rise. (Photo credit: Google)

Days like this then the nerves are weak and the bones are crying for help. Where do we turn? When the finish line isn’t anywhere nearby but the flesh is not willing to go an inch further; when the night comes and you can’t find a pillow to end it in bliss…

When the sun has refused to take over from the heavy rain, wet clothes on the railings, crying for some fierce radiance from nature, they say it’s the hope that kills but can you stop anyone from being positive? That’s not even in the script but do you drop your heads even when the odds aren’t smiling?

The street is bleeding but you can’t stay indoors because the walls won’t stop scaring you, it is not your fault but what would you do? More like the red sea situation and the message from the guy in the palace, what would you do?

They say good deeds always come back, but what do you do when some certain people only remember your digits when they need help? Render it as you may, but when you ring them for something as cheap as the weather situation at their end, they tell you the cobbler impregnated the weather man’s daughter and that means tomorrow is not certain…

Do we begin to call people out for their uselessness or we continue to sugarcoat like the half-baked painter that turned my living room to some neighborhood nursery on a budget? Of course you don’t do favors because you want a rebound, but… I’d rather not.

Yo! You think I’d talk about the guy that made me promises and then turned around seconds later to order his right-hand lady to pass another message to me? You’re not wrong but not today and maybe never, I live above people like that, he’d soon find out.

It was a difficult night that gave birth to an interesting experience at Okpara Square, that’s definitely not what this is all about, there will always be a moment I’d remind you I’m a word-bender, make no mistakes tho, a part of me is bleeding but would you guess where?

Channel your worries elsewhere, I'll be fine. You know me na, like the seed, buried against its will, like the sun with its sinking spell, like whatever it is that makes a man, when the stars make way for the thick of the night and the morning breezes in unannounced... Still I rise!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs