Subway Surfers, Candy Crush and my other stress relievers

 

I'm on level 10101 on Candy Crush lol, I haven't played it in two months tho, what level are you? (Photo credit: My phone of course)

I will forever be grateful to Subway Surfers, Football Manager, and Candy Crush to a certain extent; these mobile games have kept me sane in dire times.

Things often get hectic, and one has to take a break or allow the brain to cool off. Many employers understand this; they even offer to provide fun games in the office area for employees to engage in when the brain asks for a break; we can’t deny the fact that there will always be a moment like that.

Idea block is real; as a creative strategist and a writer, I have found myself staring into space with nothing coming; we do get the bangers every time, we have moments we struggle, and that is why we have to depend on some games even during working hours.

YouTube is one helpful tool, but mobile games have saved me and are still doing the honors for me. I discovered Subway Surfers in 2014 on Khalifa’s S3 Mini; before then, my go-to was soccer games and temple run; the latter has to be the most annoying of its peers.

Many people don’t like Subway Surfers because it has no end, I get it, but that doesn’t stop me from enjoying it. Trying to navigate the railways and avoiding obstacles, the soothing feeling of activating the jetpack and that sweet moment you activate the hoverboard to avoid a crash e too sweet.

Candy Crush does it for me sometimes, it’s brain-tasking too and helps me relax, but it doesn’t rank among my top three stress relievers. I’d rather play chess against the computer than play Candy Crush, but would you believe I’m on level 10101? Can you beat this? What level are you?

Football Manager has to be my number one mobile game; the fact that I get to win the champions league every season for Arsenal is heartwarming; if the boys don’t do it in real life, I’ll do it for their game; life goes on.

Offline, PS4 is the real deal. I haven’t played in a while, but the love remains intact. I should revive that part of me soon; this weekend is already out of it; I’d be busier than 3rd Mainland Bridge; next weekend it is. I’ll lock that in my calendar.

What is your best mobile game? Or how do you unwind at work? What do you do when you have an idea block, or your brain tells you it needs a break? Share with me… I’ll be waiting to read from you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs