Men are scum... The story of the man next door

 

I totally believe that scum has no gender but the story of this man next door tilts the pendulum in the direction of my gender. (Photo credit: I've always had it)

It was an ice-cold night, whatever it was I was doing on Victoria Street at 11 pm, I really can’t remember but the events of that night remain fresh in my memory and I feel I should write about it on a day like this, simply because of a post I saw on a group this morning.

I think I remember now; I took a walk that night because I couldn’t stand the tension in the house; my uncle and his wife were in the mood again and I wasn’t enjoying it, I remember Titoluwani (their first son) asked me what was wrong with his parents, I didn’t have an answer… Story for another day.

I was a few blocks away from the house, it was a long road with crazy slopes and I wasn’t exactly enjoying the wind because I was walking against it, I think I fell twice in the process but I forgot that immediately I got to TEM hotel, it was four blocks away from the house.

I’ve mentioned my ability to pick things from distance before in one of my posts, my ears are probably my sharpest features and as I approached the boring hotel, I heard a strong, angry voice of a lady, “I will not abort this one” was the clear statement I heard…

I didn’t think about it until I got a clearer picture, and then I also realized the guy lived next door, I knew his wife and kids, he was struggling with his finances and in more than three ways, it was a big issue in his family… Here he was, negotiating abortion with a lady on the street.

Does that sound like I already judged him? Not exactly, in fact, no, but I was never going to understand the rationale behind that episode considering my knowledge of his domestic struggles, I will leave that side out for now and focus on that night.

The setting was busy but no one cared about them, that itself was a problem for me. How were you comfortable continuing drinking when a woman was being harangued around you? I stood motionless, for about ten minutes, trying to process what I just witnessed, it didn’t make sense.

I know you’re thinking about my “Violence in the gym” story and thinking I won’t finish it or torture you all with a series, you’re not wrong and I’m not sorry. I have to take my time to recount the night and nobody will gaslight me into rushing my story.

The man in question made a succinct but rich pitch to the lady, I heard him loud and clear; while I can’t remember his lines word for word, it was laced with manipulation and disguised hypocrisy, she bought it from all indications but the night didn’t end there…

 

…To be continued.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs