The women of BR... Part 1

 

Beeba of BR! First of her name, Iyaloja of Tinubu Road, Account Manager wey sabi, one of the most efficient around... Continue to #BreakTheBias

We’re still in the season of the celebration of women, let me talk about the women around me professionally, those that contributed to the good feeling on the epic Lush Hair International Women’s Day rave, of course I’ll say it the way I feel it but one episode isn’t enough.

I also remember y’all said the shorter the better, now tell me how to talk about these crazy ass people succinctly, ko actually possible so I will do it in parts so I’ll talk about them in batches, should I include their pictures? Not all of them are single so I don’t know how to go about that.

Two and half of them are married, don’t ask me to explain that cos I won’t answer, I start with the “Iyaloja of Tinubu Road”, Habiba… Arguably the most hardworking colleague I’ve ever had, she’s a tireless machine, I call her N’golo Kante.

Beeba is fierce and she’s earned the right to be, she knows her job and she doesn’t wait for anyone to spoon-feed her. She’s more like a defensive midfielder that doesn’t stay on one spot, she’s a box to box with the energy of the Frenchman I earlier mentioned.

Fiyin told me about her before I joined, she wasn’t capping. She’s a no-nonsense human tho, ask her brand promoters, they fear her more than they fear anyone else, that witchcraft thing is in her and she’s already infecting the girl next to her.

I have to stop here cos I still want to talk about someone else, but I should not forget to talk about the fact that she’s the resident brewery, the only person I know that drinks like she does is probably filming YouTube content somewhere, you know her na, that aunty on blonde, you gerrit?

Oh, how can I forget that she’s the one that makes even married people jealous on Valentine’s Day and on her birthday, you can’t convince me, jazz is involved cos the gifts that roll in here will make Yinka feel like she’s not God’s child, las las no be by bumbum

Okay… There’s Amarachi, the neighbor of the woman next door. I pity her most times, not all the time cos she lives in a corporate market square, not sure you can understand but again, I leave it there. She’s double now tho, or triple depending on the quality of the deposits and we might be eating rice soon.

Amarachi is in the account department, stingy folks with mean looks. Very frustrating especially when you need money to make something happen on the field, it’s the way they shout for receipts like it will matter in heaven for me, “you have not reconciled this and that” yen yen yen.

Amarachi is annoying tho, the way she slams the door like it’s a turn on for her, while she’s not the only one in that basket, she tops the list and I might have to introduce a fine in that regard, how I will tell the big man upstairs is the problem cos he’s also a culprit on this, I’ll find a way.

Amarachi stole my snacks earlier today, she can have it because again, I understand she’s not the only one eating them. Talk of the devil, she just walked past again and she banged the door as usual, old habits die hard especially when you live in the lion’s den…

To be continued…

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs