I lost my neckpiece, Will was right and I bleed for Nigeria

 

Part of what makes you a man is your ability to stand up for yours when need be, the question of where would pop up but I won't teach anyone how to react. (Photo credit: My Arsenal group)


My gold neckpiece is gone, I am pained but I will not be answering questions on how I lost it. My neck is bare and that good feeling it gives is no more, I can’t pretend like I’m not hurt but it is what it is…

It’s Precious’s birthday today, one of those bursting brains in the experiential marketing business. Talk of beauty and brains, she’s my favorite and she knows it but my gold chain is paining me so she will get her eulogy at the right time… I hope you understand.

So Damola will be going to work physically for the first time in Canada having been running things virtually since relocating last year, she’s five hours behind Nigeria on time zone and she didn’t sleep at all throughout the night, kids will always be kids.

I woke up to the sad news of the terrorism the nation suffered on the Kaduna-Abuja rail road and the loss of lives that came with it. I don’t know how to feel and the fact that country keeps giving us reasons to consider relocation deserves some urgent attention.

I’ve read hot takes here and there about the Chinelo lady that lost her life in the ugly incident, they say you see all types of knives at the funeral of the elephant, most people type with their brains suspended on social media, I knew that a long time ago so hot takes hardly get to me.

Folks are wondering how someone that was shot tweeted about it, apart from being a medical doctor, I’m sure she knew how to manage such at least for a period of time before giving up to the inevitable, how were we to know what went down if she wasn’t brave enough to update within her uncertainties?

Everything is cruise and bants online now so I’d leave that at that. Nowhere is safe in this country, I don’t mean to remind you that my neckpiece is gone but trust me, the country isn’t safe. Don’t try, I won’t tell you how I lost it, I’m pained already, keep your laugh to yourself.

For the sake of closure on the issue, I’ll also touch base with the Will Smith and Jada Pinkett ish with Chris Rock. It’s technically behind us but the reverberations would not go away pretty soon, just so we’re clear, I stand with Will Smith but did he choose the wrong night?

So we’ve talked about how he deserved Oscars over the decades and how blacks hardly get favors from the organizers and on the night he was destined for glory, that happened and most people have crucified him for it, while I won’t join the bandwagon against him, I’d have preferred he shuts Chris up differently.

I am not a big fan of his wife, I don’t even think Will Smith is a great actor but over the years, he’s always had to prove himself especially when it comes to his wife. He has always had to do something to prove he’s deserving of her and that he’s man enough, that doesn’t sit well with me in a way but standing up for her regardless will always win with me.

We joke about virtually everything that we don’t know where to draw the line. Could he have waited outside the hall to deck Chris heavily? Maybe, but I won’t teach him how to react and I’d rather just congratulate him for his Oscars and then deal with the fact that these idiots will say Blacks are violent yen yen yen…

So to put it in one bit for those that will misquote: Will Smith was right to stand up for his wife, I hope he did it because he was angry at Chris’s joke and not because he wanted to prove a point to Jada Pinkett again, and maybe he could have done it at the lobby or at the car park.

Let me go and mourn my neckpiece and hope a Good Samaritan buys me another one, I serve a God of miracles and nothing is too hard for him. Best birthday wishes Precious my best girl and all the best at the office aunty Damola of Ontario.

Comments

  1. And u didn't still say how u lost it!!!! Why did u nah let us taste the gist 😕 😐 😔

    ReplyDelete
  2. So u forgot Samuel L Jackson won the award as well for the first time and Denzel was the one who presented it to him..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs