Bellerin... A friend you hate to love

 

My friend, my brother... Happy birthday Bellerin. Ignore the gentleman looks, o ya weyreh ju Putin lo. (Photo credit: Naija Pundits)

Friends are the real essence of life; as much as many of us like to keep our distance from people, partly due to experiences and fear of the unknown, having folks to laugh with and cry with remains an integral part of why we exist. Today, I choose to celebrate Bellerin… A friend indeed.

Love him or hate him; he’s a great guy. Annoying 80% of the time, but in him, you have a friend you can trust, one you can call on in dire times and be sure of his genuine efforts to help, Seyi Okusanwo’s birthday is today, and it’s his turn to grace my blog.

He has many names, Bellerin, Fletcher, Nesta, Olu-Gabriel, Aaby to, mention a few. If anything jumps at you from these names, you’d know he loves football even though his punditry leaves too much to be desired; left to him, you’d probably still have Mourinho in charge at Manchester United.

I’ll come back to his football analyses later. He thinks he’s the best midfielder since the days of Paul Scholes; if you’ve seen him argue before, you won’t bother to engage him because he’ll start calling ghosts on the phone to testify to some street sets he played over a decade ago, I’ll pass.

I met Bellerin in 2013 on the Naija Pundits; he’s the founder of the group and for all his weaknesses as a man, being able to bring these great minds together will forever be an achievement, one he should have on his CV.

Bellerin is like the bridge for everyone; no day passes without someone cussing him out, Isi Dagz most of the time simply because of their political differences, Slimee sometimes, and anyone else per time, but place your money on it that someone will have reasons to cuss him in a day.

Bellerin has had his fair share of life’s dose of madness. If there’s one friend I hope makes it big in life simply because it will benefit his circle, the person is Bellerin. He’s helpful, kind, and free-spirited, making me wonder what he’s doing in the infamous BMC group in God's name.

Speaking of BMC, Bellerin doesn’t believe APC is doing anything wrong. Once you dig up something about the uselessness of the Buhari government, Bellerin will be quick to dig up a counter link of something similar having happened under PDP or elsewhere in the world, don’t cancel him yet; we all have that side of us.

Bellerin believes till date that nothing happened at the Lekki Toll Gate on 20-10-20, I won’t ever engage him on that because I value my mental health, I have someone that thinks like him on my Arsenal group too, his name is Lord Commander.

Bellerin is that guy who brings all of us together; he checks up on you like he’s gay, caring to a fault, and he’s that utility guy who can do anything and everything. His love life is complicated, and that worries me; the last time I knew, he was dating Oma’s sister, only for me to find out yesterday that they broke up.

I tried finding out what happened; Oma told me the story from a dirty lens; of course, she would sleep on her sister’s side of the bed but from all indications, two impatient people couldn’t rise above ego when they’re tired of loneliness, they will ring each other.

Bellerin is that guy with trust issues. If you call Bellerin to tell him about a mechanic charging 40k to fix your car, my friend will scream that it is too much, even without knowing what the 40k is for, and his default thinking is that they want to scam you.

Bellerin’s daily routine is pretty straightforward. He wakes up like 6 am, into the bathroom to do one or two; flames through the window will explain the rest, while everyone in the WhatsApp group would feel the rest with tons of unsolicited news from across all spheres of life.

We love him regardless; his stories are mainly about Manchester United; his toxic relationship with the Red Devils makes me laugh. He was deceiving himself that he’s a Manchester City fan; a bird even whispered that he once supported Arsenal, one hell of a wavy guy.

Bellerin drinks shit! He came to my house some time ago and downed one bottle of a drink I couldn’t even drink a shot; I doubt there’s any drink you know of that Bellerin hadn’t tasted before; my prayer is that his intestines and kidneys won’t fail him cos he isn’t nice to them.

I’ll be at his this evening to celebrate with him at the table of; he’d do anything to cross borders for anyone; the least he deserves is the same energy. He’s currently into real estate, not like Slimee, but he’s on the journey of being a great man… I can’t wait.

Comments

  1. Happy birthday Bellerin, I owe you a bottle of your favorite drink boss ✌🙌

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🤣😅 I lur u bro.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice write up bro...U really know this guy in and out...Tho na my mostly surest dude..after my papa na this guy get my back since I lost my mom..e DEH there for me pass my family members..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know him and everything you said is a fact😂👌

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nesta, Gabriel Okunsanwo, the greatest goal keeper we produced in our set @ igbonla. Always ready to be there for you. Do have a blissful year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nesta Seyi....All things said here are all 100 % correct...you can nevertheless win him during an argument...before you say Jack...Baba don go Google and give u clear evidence...so he supports Assnal too..baba weyrey ni eh walahi..Happy Birthday bro...Can wait to meet you at National Assembly...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Seyi
    Wishing you more happiness and more money with sound health

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs