Things that turn me off at work

 

There are a few things that turn me off at work, and if I don't talk about them, who will? (Photo credit: Google)

A couple of days ago I talked about my muse at work, my steamy hot coffee, the coke bottle body ladies that remind me of the essence of life and the content of my hipflask, I think it’s okay to talk about one or two things that turn me off at work and hope someone can relate.

There are two sides to a coin, right? And if there are things that make the work place fun for me, there should also be certain things that do the opposite. It’s never going to be the same for everyone as we’re not wired the same way, so to each his or her own.

In case you missed it, I talked about the fact that I like to bring energy to the work place, positive vibes only and regardless of what the situation is, let’s keep the music playing and optimism high, that’s the only way we can win.

In that regard, it turns me off when someone on the team is killing the vibe, especially with mood swings and negative energy. Let’s be clear on something, even the sun has a sinking spell, which means there will always be that one moment of weakness, but must it be every day?

There are some people that, no matter how much energy you bring to the table, they just won’t match it and it’s a big problem for me; I’ve been quite lucky to work with high energy folks, past and present and I should mention Alet and Elesie, as well as Toyin, Joy, Shade and LAK… Great guys energy-wise.

How does weak energy affect me at work? You play music and they start telling you it’s too loud, you know yourself as you’re reading this, you can’t beat me. They’re always complaining of the temperature of the AC, aunty I’m made for heaven, take your hell fire practice elsewhere abeg.

Not necessarily a turn off at work but it’s worth talking about those that steal biro and flash drives unprovoked. I remember how Halima will legit tell you to your face that she doesn’t return pens or flash drives, it’s the gut for me, Habiba is next on that list, if she opens her bag this minute, I can bet you’d see at least three pens in there, none is hers biologically.

This next point is likely to be misconstrued, I hope you actually get it. Our job is perception based, it’s a big problem when I see folks dress shabbily to work, and trust me on this one, it’s not about how loaded your wardrobe is but how you combine attires.

I may have been spoilt by the world best stylist, but I don’t think paying less attention to your looks to work is responsible, you’re affecting our energy. Especially as a lady, your hair, nails and fragrance inspire some of us, try dey come correct na.

I know it’s easy to say “I’m a tom boy” or “I don’t have time” yen yen yen, you’re just a nonsense person and I’m happy to tell you. I will never understand how a lady will carry same hair for weeks, let alone for months like someone I know, even me as a guy, if not that it’s only half plot God gave me, you’d have seen what I’d do with my hair.

I’m not Olamide in his famous breakout track “Eniduro” where he used 22 shirts in one music video but I don’t repeat shirts in two months, it’s a currency in its own world, that way you’re unpredictable, to be honest it’s not like some have more than others, it’s just priorities.

And then there are those that bring home issues to the work place, o wrong na! Yes we care about you and when we see you pensive, we’ll ask what the problem is but when it’s becoming an everyday thing, love and light o, because it rains everywhere.

I used to have this colleague long ago, a senior colleague at that. Once she walks in through the door, you already know the state of things in her house, she’d go from table to table to report her husband and their maid, nonsense and ingredients.

Maybe you don’t know it doesn’t add any value to you, and in the case of this particular lady I mentioned, each time she had altercations with anyone then, it was always the come-back against her, and she always felt bad about it, she didn’t change till I left that agency.

Finally, the noise makers. Those that only understand noise as a language, they walk through the door, they slam it, they’re having a conversation, they’re yelling and when it’s an argument, just plug your airpods because your ear drum is at risk.

Consideration for others at the work place is a major factor for coexistence, these noise makers don’t always remember that, and when you have to yell to win an argument, that means you don’t have a point, miss me with all that “that’s how I am” nonsense, no one is built to be a nuisance. I rest.

What are your work place turn offs? What are those things your colleagues do that you don't fancy? Report them to me in the comment section and kindly leave your name as well. Thank you and see you tomorrow.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs