Oga e don do, Japata and other enemies of our youths

 

The continuous and aggressive consumption of these drugs remain a threat to the future of Nigerian youths, who did this to us? (Photo credit: Google)

Not too long ago, we heard of yet another death of one of the men around star singer and DMW boss Davido, and rational thinkers started asking deep questions. Insensitive as it might sound, when something happens in bizarre manners like that, eyebrows would be raised…

I live/work around some of these guys and I can tell you for free that the amount of hard drugs these guys take will freeze hell over in shock, the goal for them is to stay permanently high, it’s not my place to judge or teach anyone how to live, but can I stand the fingers being pointed at Davido?

Someone died in my neighborhood recently, he was in the company of friends and he was said to have drowned in a pool, those that knew him personally confirmed his state before he dived into the pool, he was half past gone… If you get what I mean.

We all have our addictions and personal demons we’re dealing with, but if you’re as worried as I am at the rate at which young ones pass away these days due to renal failure and kidney related issues, you’d join the fight against substance abuse.

Have you wondered why there are new sex enhancing substances are taking over the streets these days? It used to be just “Alomo bitters” and Action bitters, but now there are thousands of products from unbranded sources and people don’t care, they just gulp.

I saw one recently, the name is “Oga e don do” and from the image on the pet bottle you could tell what it’s for. Just a week after the Zazu song broke out, I saw one of those drinks with “Zazu Zeh” on it, it only means one thing, someone already mixed chemicals and just got printers to do their job and boom! Product is ready.

Make no mistakes, I’ve taken lots of shits and I can confirm to you that it’s to no good. I know we sometimes find ourselves in the company of certain friends and we just want to feel among, the inability to say no once will most likely lead to inability to stay healthy soon.



There’s a place of individual differences as always. I know a man that brags every time he’s at a particular joint that he’s been smoking since he was 16 and he’s never had complications for a day, someone else will hear that and see it as a license to smoke away…

I know a boy that suffered lungs crisis at 25, he only started smoking a year before the cancer was discovered, we know certain ailments are beyond us but can we stop aiding and abetting their spread in us with what we take in?

In all honesty, I might not be the SI unit of what responsible living should be in this regard but you won’t find me drinking “oga e don do”. There are thousands of them and you see people taking them with reckless abandon, it’s disturbing.

I started this piece with something about a certain celebrity, but do you also remember one or two of them that we have lost due to kidney issues? Do you know how these issues started and how it became aggravated? To the point that we even had to raise money for them?

You wonder how their “too much money” finished in the face of these ailments? That’s to tell you that no money is enough when the crisis comes, the solution is never to be drawn into the dungeon of drug abuse, it’s a journey of no return.

Are you even aware of the components in the adulterated performance enhancing drugs you take? There’s a reason most companies now conduct drug tests on potential employees before they hire them, no one wants to risk future stories.

I hope the law enforcement agencies clamp down on the people that run these businesses, the quest for daily bread shouldn't be a passport to the destruction of our future, no sentiments in this, they should be wiped out.

Finally, I don’t think there’s a trophy for sexual prowess. Taking all these drugs to win a battle that won’t earn you more than sweats and momentary satisfaction will only shorten your life span, again I admit I won’t be the one to teach you how to enjoy your youth, but don’t call me insensitive when I don’t feel sorry for you when the cons visit.

Shoot the message, not the messenger, I’ll work on my own deficiencies, I hope you work on yours. Love and light.

Comments

  1. I thought I was the only one who's been thinking about these sex enhancers and their effects on the human body, which then leads to early deaths or continuous visit to the hospital. I hope the government agencies look in this direction and do something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oga e dùn do. 😂.

    NAFDAC has failed us. We need more stronger policies and regulations. Sadly Nigeria dùn spoil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am privileged to be on a continuous study run by a major competitor in the spirits and wine industry. The rate at which these drinks enters the market is alarming. You'll always find new ones each time you survey with various "dirty" names and captions packaged in all sorts of bottles.
    It was a shocking news to me one time when a consumer talked about the possibility of abortion with some of these drinks mixed with other stuffs aside sexual enhancement.
    The regulatory agency and police really needs to flush out the producers of these poisons.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs