Jane Mena is not my only muse at work

 

My amazing Davidoff coffee, my dependable water cup, my right winger white bottle that conceals its content and of course, my sidekick, hipflask of life, show me a better formation... I wait. (Photo credit: Ramsey's iPhone)

The work place is supposed to be a fun theatre, somewhere you’re excited to go to when you wake up in the morning, the people, the environment and the air must speak your language, if this isn’t the case where you work, please start sending out your CV.

My job is more of mental than physical. Yes, I do a lot of things and all of them require mental stability. I run the risk of idea block as well, that’s why I can’t survive in a toxic work environment or one that is as boring as whatever AY does as comedy, no offense intended.

I’m that guy that brings energy to the work place, they feel it once I walk through the door and I’ve been quite lucky to find myself in working environments that encourage good vibes, from the music to the banters and everything it takes to make the air lively.

As a strategy professional, I’ve got my muse and I’ll share three of them in this article. We all have that thing that makes us tick, something that drives us out of the hole when we’re not feeling up to it and that thing that gives us the extra edge when shit hits the fan…

Before I go further, I must give special props to my coffee that starts my day on the right note, I was deceived by many to abandon my coffee in the face of my sleeping issues, I didn't take it for almost two months and I still didn't sleep well, I'm back to my coffee now tho, we move.

The first of my work place muse is music. I have different playlists for different days and different moods, different vibes and different difficulty levels, they help a lot and have become a part of my everyday life, especially while at work or in transit.

You don’t need to be close to me to know Kizz Daniel tops the chart, his Barnabas EP is the new cool for me and hardly does a day go by without me listening to at least three tracks on it, solid body of work by my favorite Nigerian Artist.

There should be honorable mentions for Adekunle Gold, Olamide and Davido as well. There are days for songs from people like Beautiful Nubia, Adewale Ayuba, Orlando Owoh, Dele Taiwo and most recently, maybe expected too, Ayinla Omowura.

The second muse for me in dire situations is the presence of beautiful women. I said what I said and I will say it again, the presence of beautiful women springs up my creative juice, watch it flow like a fountain, shooting into the right directions… Boom! Winning strategies show up one time.

I’ve always thrived on the beauty of the gorgeous women I work with. There’s a reason God positions them around me, to help me think and deliver on set objectives, to beat deadlines and win, I can’t be grateful enough for the amazing women I’ve had to work with over the years.

Just so we’re clear, they can be unnecessarily annoying, always wanting to have their ways like Habiba does these days, hounding me for reverts like I was the one that sent her flowers on Valentine’s Day, but they’re the spice of the work place, God bless them for me.

Finally, and quite graciously, the presence of whatever is in my hip flask helps a great deal. God is not an author of confusion, He knew there would be days of weaknesses, that must be why He powered Jesus Christ to come through for boys at the wedding that year where He turned water to win, sensational miracle.

Thankfully again, the nature of my job allows me to sip a thing or two even while at work, anything to bring out the best in me and as long as I don’t lose discretions, it’s always a welcome development, I know you’re hating on me right now, sorry.

So what do I enjoy drinking at work? Jack Daniel’s will always lead while others follow. There’s only one legal mixer and that is Coca Cola, oh don’t you do that, and I’m talking to everyone that knows my Coke history, I don’t drink that at work, never!

Jameson is second on the list, Sky Vodka works too, especially with virgin mojito, ideas will flow freely and that’s the goal. Orijin beer works magic too especially on days it’s about pushing the document to Kolade’s standards, “gaddemit!”

So what is your muse? What makes you tick at work? I know someone is asking why I didn’t include Jane Mena in this document as a muse, I gave my life to Christ and I stopped watching her videos, except new ones she just posted, never watching old ones again, old things have passed away.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs