Dipo Ogun... My favorite "Frenemy"

 

Here's Honorable Dipo Ogun, M.A VI. Great guy by all standards and the guy that motivated this journey I'm on. (Photo credit: Instagram) 

I guess I need to remind you that it could be your turn tomorrow, you honestly don’t have to be my closest friend for me to write about you, and like I promised, it’s entirely exactly the way I see and feel about you or the situations around you, today is the turn of one of my favorite “Frenemies”.

Michael Adedipupo Ogun (M.A the 6th) was actually my motivation for this journey, if you have been following from the start, I must have mentioned his name in at least ten of the last 49 episodes. He wrote everyday for 365 days last year, I thought I could too and if I say so myself, I don’t think I’m doing badly so far.

I met Dipo Ogun through the famous, maybe infamous Naija Pundits group in 2015 I guess and like most people I’d later like, I didn’t like him at first. His responses to my posts on the group were always awkward to me, it took me a long time to understand his person.

He’s arguably the tallest friend I have and he’s always quick to remind us he’s the shortest in his house, he’s imposing physically, a typical lady’s man but he’s not living up to that title, this article might help out in that regard by the way, I’ll share his contact if you need it.

Dipo is a very shy guy, except you’re talking sports, music, movies and booze trust me he’d prefer to sleep than engage you in a conversation. If you’re cool with getting nods and “oh okay” as responses you might enjoy him.

He’s a Manchester United fan since he learned any word at all, and that makes him an enemy. He bants Arsenal for a living and I’m not joking, he suddenly finds his voice when the topic is Arsenal and even as his club is now struggling, he will still find something to defend against Arsenal.

Dipo is a brutally honest guy, one of those you can call a real G. He likes having his men around and he’s hosted us (Naija Pundits) more than anyone else in the group. The last major hangout was 27th of December last year, it was at his place and we had lots of fun, should talk about that another day.

Dipo’s sarcasm is dark, he’s defensive but in your best interest, don’t bother yourself because you’ll probably be alone in the argument, again except it’s about sports. Once he establishes his point, I doubt he cares if you get it or not, good a thing he’s not trying to be a teacher.

Before you choose to like Dipo, I’m talking to you Seki and Amanda, he is an avowed mummy’s boy. He lost his mother long ago and if you’re meeting him for the first time you’d think it happened in December of last year, no sis, it’s been a while and he’d give up anything to have that woman back.

I always thought Dipo is looking for his mother in every woman, we spoke about it once and he doesn’t think so, it’s understandable by the way as the striking resemblance with the woman gives it away, she’d most likely be on his status now, let me check… No she’s not right now but she will before the end of today.

We used to call him a lazy guy, lies from the pit of Old Trafford where the devil lives. Dude is hardworking AF, he’s not the public holiday kinda guy, knows his job and from all indication, his colleagues enjoy having him around, his covid episode confirmed that.

Speaking of his covid episode, dude frustrated all of us. It was his birthday week, we were trying to reach him, he was ill and we all thought it was random flu, it took words on the street for us to know his grasscutter had been caught in the hunter’s trap, grown man with the communication of a toddler… Nonsense.

He’s so big on family, his favorite people must be his nieces and nephews, well and one of his cousins that send him okro on a steady. Eba and Okro has to be his fav and then anything that has alcohol in it, I think JD tops the list like yours truly, then Trophy…

Have I ever told you of someone who told his management to approve two bottles of beer for him daily to enhance his productivity? It was Dipo Ogun, I guess that’s why I feel he’ll do very well in advertising, he’s trying to cross over tho.

He has a radio gig on Unilag radio every Saturday from 5:15pm, and he’s the convener of the Music, Movies and Sports Podcast, here’s the link to the last episode: https://bit.ly/3uI4AZS please listen and share, if not for me and Ope Cole at least listen for Dipo.

He tells himself he’s not a fine boy, no be me go give am motivation. There’s also a confusion you’ll have to deal with about the clubs he supports, United is the only one I recognize but he has a shirt that reads: Aston Villa, Newcastle, Aberdeen – Which I can understand because he studied in Scotland, Juventus and Kwara United lol.

Dipo is a top guy, one who isn’t afraid to explore new things, he’s living his life to the fullest and I’m indeed looking forward to his birthday this year… It’s a milestone one.

Comments

  1. Sir Dipsssss is a great guy. His responses are sodarkkkk, at first I thought he doesn't like me but mehnnn. I'm always happy when he engages my posts or when he talks to me. I'm glad I'm his guy too. Please NJP is not "infamous". Everybody on that group means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs