We go again!

This new year, do you, be more and most importantly, "no gree for failure". Happy New Year from me and my dirty boxers to you and yours. (Photo credit: Google)


Hello everyone, it’s my first post in this space this year, and I promise it won’t be the last. I delivered next to nothing here last year on purpose, to be honest, but I’ll do better this year.

I wrote a lot last year, more commercial than for personal pleasure. Besides, it was a hell of an emotional year, and I didn’t want to bring my troubles here. I wrote a couple of things at the tail end of the year that I never posted here. LOL, you should read some of them.

Okay! We go again in a bit. The holiday is over, and I can’t exactly say I was on holiday because I worked throughout. It is what it is, and we’re happy to do so while we can. I was away, I traveled, and I was happy I touched Ibadan. It was the hardest part of my holiday, as I had to stare at my parents without saying a word.

It’s a new year with renewed optimism, full energy, and the will to do more. Weirdly, I’ll be working from home till further notice. I hate to admit this, but I’ll miss seeing my colleagues in flesh and blood. Nothing annoys me more than these people, but they are part of my muse.

I’m hearing two of them have stepped down. I am particularly sad for Don Vichi, arguably the most helpful account manager in the game; if he can sort it out, he will never bug the strategy team. The only one that negotiates deadlines with clients in our favor... I am also happy for him, though; it’s all for good.

What are we doing this year? Everything we do every day is to try and take over the world. I am now a full-blown realtor. Talk to me about your property needs. I will be quite vocal about this part of me from now on, and you should encourage me by referring your folks to me.

I gave myself a target of ten cinema/Netflix/Prime stories this year. Not completely in my hands because it’s one thing to write a solid story and it’s another for the people around me to produce it. I will do my part and hope my filmmaker friends work things out.

I shut people out a lot last year. I am aware of my high emotions, swing both ways, and can be out of hand in whichever direction. It wasn’t and still isn’t easy coping with the losses I suffered last year, but I am going to be better with relationships (friendships).

Speaking of what came to your mind when I mentioned a relationship, I am not sure I have said it this way before. I will get married this year. It will be sweet, it will be plenty, and it will last. The Hunter is currently nursing her wounded antelope to health; watch this space.

I miss my siblings; I love them to bits, and no matter how expensive it comes down to, I’ll see all of them this year. Oh, we’re celebrating Victoria sometime this year; they will have to come around; that makes it easier, right? We have to structure it to accommodate their presence at my wedding too. We’ll see.

Three key things I am praying work out fine. I am sincerely hoping my health behaves this year; it was tough last year. I hope I can manage myself better (less alcohol, more food—in consumption and in options, better time management, and less outside) and that Arsenal gives me joy this year.

Happy New Year, everyone! Feel free to DM topics you want me to write about. I will oblige many of you, and I am begging you, enough of the anonymous comments. Put your name with your full chest; if not, you won’t get an invitation to my wedding. Bad joke, right? We go again!

Comments

  1. We have a wedding to plan 🕺🏽🕺🏽🕺🏽Happy New Year my bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sha invite me to your wedding. Happiest New Year

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs