Black Fridays, clearance sales and the fruads within

 

Clearance sales and Black Fridays are part of marketing gimmicks but what is the integrity of the ones staged in this part of the world? (Photo credit: Google)

I was mulling over writing about unusual food combinations while desperately waiting for feedback from Ayan concerning a video editor when I saw a post by Mowunmi. I don’t even want to talk about the pressure I suffered this week. We move.

Speaking of the post from Mowunmi, when are we going to call out the fraudulence of the Nigerian version of “black Fridays”? I have three different experiences and I will mention each of them here today as evidence of this nonsense practice that we have come to encourage.

Here’s the thing, these silly vendors keep screaming “sales, sales, sales” and it’s all a lie. They will call the same price they sell originally and now put a nonsense price above it, cross it out, and say they’re doing sales. The thunder that will strike you all is warming up (in Basirat’s voice).

When you hear 20% off, it's a lie, when you hear 50% off, you're about to buy the same item for the same price you've always known. What's the point of deceiving people with faux clearance sales when you know you're selling at an old price? O wrong na.

I was on a page on IG last month, and I saw a perfume I really like and I saw a 35k price on it. Right under the post, someone asked when sales would start, and the handler said in another week; I waited patiently and returned to the page at the right time, guess what? This vendor did a whole flier, canceled out 50k as the original price, and put 37k as the promo price, 2k more than the original sef, no be ment be that?

Around the same time, one lady that claimed she was running clearance sales on center rugs did exactly the same. I munched a couple of rugs that she advertised at 25k only for her to put 35k on a flier, cancel it out and then put 25k as the promo price, I Kuku sent her the munch I had, but she didn’t reply.

The latest one happened just this week, I saw a set of three two-piece outfits at a 45k promo price, I scrolled the page and as recent as last month, the same sets went for the same price and I’m asking, what’s the point of sales when you’re just a fraud like Celestina? (Not sure y’all know this person but the weyreh is a fraud).

Sales in my own books or in any sane person’s world is a considerable price slash, why are you annoying? I remember the fraud of Jumia that year; they will wet your appetite, make you wait for their black Friday and then tell you their website crashed, and God will judge you.

There’s also a school of thought that many of them sell rubbish items on Black Fridays, I remember buying a wardrobe that I had to return that year, so I’m asking, what’s the point? Why do we do this nonsense at all? Check Instagram, they’re like a million running this fraudulence, ask them, is it good?

I sound pained abi? Well, I am pained and I won’t hide it. It doesn’t make sense and if your girlfriend is one of those doing it, call her to order. It’s another thing for them to reply politely when you’re making orders, after payment, they will go mute… This one is a gist for another day.

Comments

  1. Glad I could be an inspiration, hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Werey.. see finish don make you use Celestina name trend😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs