Who gave the order?

 

It's hard to forget, I hope the souls we lost rest in peace and pray their blood is eventually worth the 
price. (Photo credit: Hannah's Status)

There are days I don’t have to mull over topics, and today is one of such day. 20th October 2020 is significant for lots of reasons – depending on the side of the divide you are and one that will continue to have consequences on all parties, I’ll explain.

Personally, and from objective people in the know in Lagos State, Babajide Sanwoolu has performed enough to earn a second term but if you go out there today to ask for his misdeeds, the majority of the feedback would be on his role on EndSars, that is quite unfair, but do you blame the aggrieved?

I have no evidence, but I am not sure Tinubu had any hand in whatever happened that night at the Lekki tollgate; he wasn’t the president and he’s not even a serving officer so, how could he have been linked to the alleged massacre? Well, he is also paying for that night, he may not be the culprit but he sure knows who gave the order.

Who gave the order? Has to be the only person that could. A governor couldn’t have done that and the military wouldn’t move on such a mission without the order of the presidency, we don’t need to wait for time to tell, we don’t need to wait for anyone to write a book, nor like we have a choice or the ability to revenge but as always, we leave it to posterity.

It could have been me; I had covid at the time and that was the only reason I wasn’t on the protest ground. I most likely would have been a victim, I wouldn’t run at the sound of the gun, not because of arrogance but because I’d fear stampede more than stray bullets… I could have gone with that.

I know it will be quite emotional on all quarters today; those that suffered first-hand impact would know how it feels, insensitive idiots will find ways to remind you that no one died and even ask you for the evidence that someone did, I hope we find ways to walk away from them, they have nothing to lose.

As youths, I want us to know that the election is coming, and we’ll have our votes to rely on. If you think your vote doesn’t count, you’ve technically elected someone else and you have no right to come out to say he or she doesn’t deserve to win, did you vote?

I am worried, simply because of antecedents. It’s okay to do one million marches and profess love and support for a candidate online, but when it actually matters, will your votes be counted in the ballot box? INEC will not count hashtags and retweets, and INEC will not count prayer points, you know this already.

This is to the lives we lost and the bravery that got people right there even against all odds. I feel your pain and I’m wearing black for you today. I hope you sleep well while the rest of us continue to fight. Your blood will be worth it, we won’t let you down.

Comments

  1. It's a day we'll never forget. It's our prayer that the souls lost that faithful day continue to RIP 🕊️🕊️.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs