2022 Headies Awards: My honest review - Part 3

 

Gutted he didn't win artiste of the year at the 2022 Headies awards but he can take pride in the songwriter of the year award he won. Congratulations Adekunle Kosoko. (Photo credit: My photo gallery)

This is the final part of my Headies Awards reviews I promise. I’ll start this with the songwriter of the year, forget nonsense, Adekunle Gold deserves it and it’s not even sentiment; who else would you have handed it to? Brymo? Fireboy? Omah Lay? Please!

TG Omori won the Music Video of the year award for Champion; he was nominated for two different projects and for his exploits so far, no one else comes close so no issues. Flavour’s Doings won the alternative song of the year, I have my reservations but let’s keep it moving.

I change my mind, are we legit glorifying nonsense? You come tomorrow to wonder why people commit atrocities yet celebrate people that promote those vices through their creative works, na una know tho. A-Q’s Last Chapter won Lyricist of the year, hmmm… over Vector and Jesse Jagz? Na ment?

Male Artiste of the year went to Burna Boy, quite understandable and without any fuss, he can have it even tho I’d have loved it to go to Adekunle Gold, dude had a monster year but it’s fine. Is it fine? Okay… it’s fine, before it looks like a personal vendetta. It’s fine.

If Tems didn’t win R&B Album of the year, I’d have petitioned Headies, so let’s leave that as it is. Davido won digital artiste of the year LOL, this looks compensatory but I’m not complaining. In fact, I will drink to that, dude deserves all the credits for his hard work.

I’m not a big fan of Dunsi Oyekan, feel free to throw your stones and watch me dodge them LOL, you think they call me Rambo for nothing? How will you give Kcee the award of inspirational single over a whole Dunsi Oyekan? Are you people whining us? Looks like y’all just want to annoy the God that guy aggressively worships.

Afro Pop Single went to Peru by Fireboy, I see how they decided to spread things so no one complains; Made In Lagos won Afro Pop Album of the year while Davido won humanitarian of the year, water is wet right? I will never understand how Sarz won producer of the year, has to be a joke because the song he was credited for was Monalisa… Nonsense.

Tiwa Savage as the female artiste of the year rounds up my review, I can’t fault that but I also won’t bat an eyelid if they had handed it to Nini, Simi or Teni that were all nominated. Looking forward to the next Headies and I hope they realize the bloody mistake of taking it abroad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs