2022 Headies Awards: My honest review

 

Ayra Star won the Viewer's Choice awards in a category that had monsters. Weldon girl. (Photo credit: HipTV)

Looks a lot like 24 hours can’t do anymore and it’s worrying. I promised not to come on this page to rant today and I must keep my word so, here’s my final bit on the 2022 Headies Awards that was held last week in the United States.

I’ll start the sequel with the best collabo of the year and, while I understand and agree with Wizkid X Essence winning the award but I’d have understood if Chike and Simi’s Running to you had won it or if they’d gone for Feeling by Ladipoe and Buju… The latter won rap single tho.

Running to you is a therapeutic song, individual differences but damn that’s the winner for me but again, I cannot fault why it was handed to Essence, great jam by all standards and it traveled beyond any other song on the list… Let’s shake hands on that and move.

Burna Boy won African artiste of the year, I can totally understand why but if it was down to me I’m giving that to Davido. Burna won Grammy and Wizkid was on that too; I know it’s a no-brainer but hey, he can enjoy it and congratulations to him.

Fave won Rookie of the year award; they had the Mic Check event that some brands plugged into in Nigeria, I wonder why they had to keep this category since they already combed the streets for Rookie of the year. Fave can have it and at least, the world can rest from the Portable nonsense.

Carpe Diem won Rap Album of the year, I’d have entered the street naked to swear for them if they deny Olamide the award. Patoranking’s Celebrate Me won the recording of the year and with Essence, Loving is harder and Tiwa Savage’s Somebody’s son on the list, I’m tempted to think it was in honor of Sound Sultan and yes, I stand on that hill.

Viewer’s Choice award went to Ayra Starr’s Bloody Samaritan, fair enough but Omo! Did you see the songs on the list? Joeboy’s Sip Alcohol that got people drowning themselves in spirits was a hell of movement, Fireboy’s Peru is another one and Essence too but it’s fine… She can have it.

I think I have to break it again, I’ll conclude tomorrow. Don’t be angry, I will not rant about how overwhelmed I am I promise, I’ll start tomorrow with song writer of the year and y’all know why I wanna gloat about that… it went to my boy and I can’t keep calm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs