Youths sleeping on duty on International Youth Day

 

Happy International Youth Day to everyone that considers his or herself to be a youth. Peace of the Lord be with you. (Photo credit: Nino B's Status)

It is International Youth Day today and all I can do is laugh at the state of things in that regard in my country LOL. The topmost thing on the mind of every youth of Nigeria is “ja pa” and if you’re being honest, can you blame them?

You too see: I was watching Arise TV this morning and the youth leader of one of the parties, what is wrong with me? Shey you will beat me ni? Labor Party youth leader appeared on the show to respond to something and dude looked way older than my late father… A supposed youth leader.

The country has failed the youths but, in a way, the youths are failing the nation too. I have heard the same set of influencers that were at the Lekki Toll Gate on the 20th of October 2020 driving strong campaigns for the ruling party, supposed youths.

I am not pitching my tent anywhere yet and when I do, I will make it public but there is nothing that can make me vote for Atiku Abubakar; truth be told, I heard a mad ass jam from his campaign team this morning, I liked the tweet and was quick to remind them I wouldn’t vote for their man.

International Youth Day but the youths don’t have a say in the government of the land; well, when they gave youths a chance, what did they do? It swings both ways and it’s worrying because, no matter how much we swing this thing, there’s enough blames to go round.

I don’t have any motivation to give you, I’m not feeling too well so energy no too dey laidat but wherever you find yourself, what level of value are you trying to introduce? You’re hired to do a job but you’re seeking to cut corners or do shoddy job so you can have plenty profit, you’re failing the nation not the other way round.

When they give you data, waste it on YouTube watching Jane Mena and on TikTok, don’t invest in knowledge like someone that has sense then come back later to say the country has failed you. I have told you my own the way I can. Ire o.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs