Rambo's marketing masterclass - Part 2

 

This episode if for people trying to understand their target market. I hope you learn a thing or two. (Photo credit: Check my previous post)

Welcome back to Rambo’s marketing masterclass and today, I’ll be telling you why you should target more than the actual people and channels you think your services are for. I am responsible for what I say and what I mean by it, you’re responsible for how you distill or interpret it, e get why.

You’re a food vendor and your channels are Instagram, Facebook and Twitter; your targets are predominantly men like me – a busy Lagos bachelor, busy working-class women and few other categories including folks that just don’t fancy cooking or prefer to have someone else do the honors…

In your head, your targets are defined and you believe they will see your posts on the listed social media channels; you’re not wrong trust me but what gives you the edge over the other vendors on same channels targeting same people? Have you considered targeting “supposed dating apps”?

I know what you’re thinking but sis (as I expect most of the people in this particular category to be ladies) I am confident you’ll strike gold. I’m going to use Tinder and while many of those you’ll meet there looking for something else, your business will be the ice-breaker, if you don’t sell crazily call me whatever you want.

I’ll come back to what can help you stay appealing, today is about understanding the dynamics of targets and channels to meet them; I have lots of ladies that are into real estate marketing, your product isn’t cheap and your positioning is key to avoid frustrations.

How many premium events do you attend in a month? Oh, you sit in your house and keep updating WhatsApp statuses to people on your contact list who are looking to bill too? Come on, you can’t be serious. If you’re one of those that have problems going out, you should consider POS business instead.

You need to make friends across marketing agencies, let them invite you to events where you’ll meet people who can afford your products; we’ll come back to what you need to do to be convincing but at least, be seen first. No one will see you in the comfort of your house bro.

You sell accessories for men and you’re not considering having quality female friends around? I understand this particular gender has serious problems with gifting but some of them are sweet and will buy for their men, women are your targets too because beyond partners, they can buy for clients, siblings and colleagues.

On the flip side, you need to have a lot of male friends (quality male friends please) if you’re into products for women; I know how many hairs (wigs/extensions) I’ve bought in this my life, I agree women are your primary targets but you’ll be surprised how much your sales will improve if you consider quality male contacts.

This is for Christians, where do you worship? I hope someone understands this and if you don’t na you know. You can’t have certain market and be attending some kind of churches where you can’t find potential customers, e get why Jesus told Peter where to cast his net that year.

There’s value in worship centers; pick where you hear quality word, soul lifting praise and worship, prayers that hit right spots and also, contacts that ensure you’re not going to God’s presence empty handed. I have told you my own, if you like, only consider churches where it’s about killing enemies. Na you actually know.

I’ll be back sometime this weekend or Monday to continue this. I want to start my weekend. God be with you. Bye for now.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs