Maybe adulthood is more of a blessing than a scam...

 

Adulthood is full of challenges but I prayed for this phase and I will relish every moment. (Photo credit: Google)

Life comes to us very fast, I look back today and realized I may have been wrong on how much I detest this adulthood thing; I had reasons to remember a few of my friends that we enjoyed childhood together from every city I had a story in, I desperately miss my childhood.

I’m grateful for growth and that means I can’t hate adulthood. No one wants to be stagnated, we all want to advance and that includes seeking soft life; while we won’t all get what we want, there’s value in trusting the process that will take us to our final destination.

I understand we all have embraced the fact that adulthood is a scam, but doesn’t that mean we’re ungrateful for growth? Walking backwards a bit, I had lots of things I looked forward to that I have ticked and I still say adulthood is a scam… I think I’m the problem.

I always wanted what I currently do, even when family background made me waste years in sciences, I always knew where my heart wanted and the universe found a way to bring my current career my way sometime in 2012, why should I be ungrateful to the process that led me here?

I can’t be a married man without adulthood, while I’m still unmarried and now seriously considering looking for Mrs. Gold wherever she is hiding, the process is still hinged on adulthood and I must celebrate the phenomenon even if everyone around me doesn’t feel same way.

I have bills to pay, I have tons of account details in my DM and many of them I must respond to but for me, after deep introspection, I have come to realize it is not the fault of adulthood but that thing called growth which I earnestly prayed for. I know that now and it’s my truth.

I know a time I fantasized about having my own car, my own apartment, my own properties and luxuries of life; Listen Rambo, you wouldn’t have any of this as a child that had no bills to pay even if you’re Dangote’s son – of which you’re not so why don’t you thank your stars you’re alive to pay bills?

Oh, one sharp twist and that is a question: where are your friends that passed away in the struggle early on? You think if anyone gives them this version of Nigerian adulthood and death as options, they wouldn’t choose to face the hard life to eventual success? You sef reason am na.

There are stages to everything, this phase won't come twice so, I will enjoy this adulthood to the fullest. A time will come that I will not have the energy to do so much, I won't even have the current set of friends to hangout with or present effects to play with - if you get what I mean, allow me enjoy abeg.

I am grateful for life, the process that got me here and the hope of a brighter rewarding tomorrow. Adulthood has its challenges but yes, I prayed for it and I will live every moment. No retreat, no surrender! Also remember, it’s not a fifty-fifty thing… I’m fighting to win.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs