Big Brother Naija Season 7 and baseless criticisms

 

The 2022 Big Brother Naija has been heavily criticized but numbers disagree with perceptions. (Photo credit: DSTV Nigeria)

I’ve heard and read so much about the ongoing Big Brother Naija and most people that have criticized the followership have been doing that out of ignorance because I have raw data that reveals that this edition is the most followed in the history of reality TV show in Africa… E shock you?

I can understand if you tell me you’re not familiar with the twists and turns, the dual rooms and what the designs look like. I can understand if you’re not cool with the housemates – many of them are silly trust me but you can’t take away the followership that is evident in numbers.

As at the time of penning this, I don’t have the permission to share the data I have but once it’s in the public space I will. You might want to consider the fact that the number of times the show is talked about on all platforms count as well, nature of comment however doesn’t matter.

Factor in the fact that ASUU strike that means loads tertiary institution students have the time to follow and choose sides. Factor in the established numbers of advanced people, who neither go to work or have much they worry about.

What is the number of Nigerians on TikTok this year compared to the number last year? With short clips in reels flowing to other apps, that invariably adds to unsolicited views and clicks; it’s given that all these would add up to drive the number up for this edition.

Nigeria is also in a crazy state and most people need distractions; I’m not dwelling on content and the performance of the housemates – I’m personally disappointed for lots of reasons; but I’m here to debunk that nonsense perception that this edition isn’t getting the traction the show is known for.

There’s no point going into the influence of social media outside short clips that pop here and there; Influencer have always jumped on the housemates paying their bills and this year is not left out but brands encouraging viewership with incentives has also increased numbers significantly.

Again, you can die on the hill of how boring some housemates are and how weak their strategies are, I won’t single out any to avoid sentiments but hey, you’ll kuku believe what you will anyways. I’ll see y’all tomorrow. Stay happy and shey jeje. Okay?

Comments

  1. But because people have a different opinion about this year's edition doesn't make them silly 🙄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Errrr did we read the same thing?

      Delete
    2. You have valid point but that was premised on what people have said.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs