One hellish night in Bayelsa...

 

It was a night to forget but I live to tell the story... (Photo credit: Google of course)

I was posted to Bayelsa for NYSC, a lot was going on with me health-wise then so it was indeed a tale of the good, the bad and the ugly. While I enjoyed every bit of the escapades, there were some consequences I will not be talking about.

I knew I wasn’t going to stay in the city, I needed to redeploy to Ibadan to continue the good life but the week that preceded my exit brought lots of shenanigans; there’s something about Bayelsa people and alcohol, once the “something hoooge” I’m expecting drops, I’m going to that area to erect a facility that will see to kidney and liver issues. It will pay soon, trust me on that.

It was a Sunday night, I’d met the daughter of the ruler of Gbarain kingdom earlier in the day… Based on one or two conversations, she was probably feeling the nigga and was going to take me out to see a few places; my pidgin wasn’t the best but I was prepared for the experience.

A couple of corpers that had served about three months before our arrival already gave us heads up, one of the key messages was to avoid dying for free – which was premised on running after another man’s woman, the problem then was how to know the difference.

 Just so we’re clear, the zone was extremely volatile. There was hardly a day without gunshots or news of someone missing; those folks got no regard for life and in fairness, none of them is afraid of death. They live like tomorrow isn’t assured… Crazy folks.

The babe – TK kept me waiting till 8pm and I already got on to something else mentally, her phone was switched off and pings weren’t delivering to her blackberry phone, of course she had a small Nokia phone for calls like many of you, you get abi?

She showed up at exactly 8pm, after small shakara, I got into my gears to follow her to “where I nor know” but I was unbothered, at least I was with the princess of the kingdom. It was a bit awkward as we had to fly bike but I kept faith intact.

The moon had an off day, some idiots had blown up the transformer so the darkness of the night was like the heart of the devil itself but the bar she took me to looked fun from the outside and some level of light to offer comfort. It didn’t take long for me to know I could be in trouble…

 

To be continued…

Comments

  1. I don dey smell the hellishious scent already.. can’t wait to hear full gist 😛

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs