Ada Ameh's death and the need to take mental health seriously

 

Ada Ameh has passed away following series of health issues that were aggravated by the loss of her daughter in 2020. (Photo credit: Channels TV)

I partied last night and it was a great one. I was out with the clan and we had fun to the fullest; I woke up with banging headaches and I know some will say it serves me right, you can’t stop haters from hating and I’ve been at peace since I discovered that truth.

Since my father passed away, the part of me that cries when people pass away became largely numb and I just sympathize and move on; gone are those days I’d cry and probably fall ill because of someone else’s death but waking up to the news of the death of top actress Ada Ameh hits different.

Life is fickle, I knew that a long time ago but how do you see someone one moment and the next, you’re resigned to fate that you’ll never see the person again? Seeing videos of the late actress from her page just yesterday and hearing she slumped not long after that is another level of pain entirely.

People die every day, don’t remind me and the fact she was a celebrity doesn’t make her death heavier, I totally understand but things hit us differently, depending on relationships. I have heard and read different accounts of what went down with Ada Ameh but this pain will take a while to wear off.

Ada hasn’t been the same lively human she used to be since her only child passed away almost two years ago, she struggled with mental health and tried her best to live above it. She was positive even in the face of the obvious, everything that could go wrong went wrong for her.

A lot of people would remember her for her role in the 1996 flick, Domitilla but I enjoyed her the most on Phone Swap by Kunle Afolayan and on the sitcom The Johnsons. If you saw her in Bovi’s My Village People, you’d know she’s struggling with something and how do we ensure that people living with mental health issues get help?

Ada couldn’t fulfill her obligations to a client under her mental health struggles and the latter decided to sue her; I’ve seen people calling those ones out and labelling them as murderers LOL, I’ll rather not go that route. Social media people and their erratic nonsense.

When you’re struggling with mental health problems, please talk about it. Find someone with listening ears to share burdens with; nearly everyone has something he or she is battling but don’t keep quiet, there will always be help through someone else.

I can go on and on but it will change nothing. This comedian will be missed, to think I thought she’d be a part of something we’re cooking. I won’t be surprised if Justin included her in his deck… People come people go, the world remains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs