Are we over-reliant on prayers?

 

I can tell you for free that payer works, but aren't we becoming over reliant on prayers? (Photo credit: Google)

I was raised in a CAC family and if you know anything about me at all, you’d know I don’t joke with the place of prayers, in fact my 6:30am to 7:45am is forever dedicated to next level prayers with Harvesters, but having looked at lots of people and how they do things, I’m tempted to ask a crazy question.

I said crazy because in this part of the world, especially as a Christian, you’re not allowed to question any religious beliefs, but I’m asking objectively, are we over reliant on prayers? Not sure I can survive without communication with God in praise, worship and prayers, but are we overdoing things?

You too see. A friend called me on my way back from work yesterday evening and shared what’s going on with her mother with me; she’s been ill for a while and it borders around bladder problems. I asked her about what the doctors are saying and she said her mother is in the church…

I can’t recount how many cases of people that have passed away because they chose to believe what their “men of God” told them over medical advise that I believe would have saved them, it sounds foolish to me that someone would rather trust her pastor than a doctor on health issues…

I have asked and the answer didn’t surprise me, they don’t teach medicine and surgery in theology schools, why then do we leave those that God gave the knowledge of medicine and follow those that know absolutely nothing about what is wrong with you?

I’m a product of miracles myself and I know God answers prayers, but who told you he can’t use nurses and doctors to answer your prayers? I know Yemisi is reading this and she’s calling me child of the world or damn right questioning my faith, but the Bible says “wisdom is profitable to direct”… right?

Look at this again; when some people’s businesses are suffering, probably due to economic challenges or other factors that can affect businesses, they would rather trust a pastor that tells them the problem is from the village than a business coach that has astute knowledge of what could help them.

I was interviewing a security guard for a celebrity friend recently, I asked him what his strengths are and how he plans to secure the gate, baba legit told me God will help him, I told him to go and help me call the next person, God forbid me to hire such idiot.

Look, God cannot be mocked. He has given us powers over demons and dem Ronke people, why then do we subject ourselves to unnecessary slavery? By the time we realize that the solution to our problems are in the books, we’d allow God rest with stupid time wasting prayers.

Does this mean I won’t go to church tomorrow? I will wear my well starched native, enjoy praise and worship, pray with my whole heart and come back home to enjoy the rest of my Sunday, but what I won’t do is to leave what is my own responsibilities to prayers, nope… God didn’t create a fool.

You want to take a loan, they ask you when you will pay back, you say “by God’s grace next week”, it’s a lie I won’t borrow you. You’re seeking an opportunity, they ask you what you’ll bring to the table, your response is “God will help me”, I’d rather hire someone that tells me his qualities, leave all those sakamanjes abeg.

You honestly don’t have to agree with me, Damola will say I’ve started doing shalaye again so I’ll stop here, but do you agree with me that we’re somewhat over reliant on prayers?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs