There's no sense in "I suffered with him" stories

 

I find it disgusting when people say a woman suffered with a man or whatnot, it's an agenda that should be given a befitting burial. (Photo credit: Pulse)

I’m outside today so, I’ll do this as quickly as possible. Where am I off to? It’s a triple header actually and it starts with Activity fest at the Good Beach, then stop by at Wonderland before heading to Ovation Red Carol, it’s #DettyDecember.

So, I’ve been reading different takes on marriages breaking like lips in harmattan and how some people come up with the “she suffered with him” nonsense, how do you people even have the courage to share these nonsense and shameless takes?

Why don’t we ever see these stories around unsuccessful men? Why do we only see them when a man makes it and he’s probably moving on with another woman due to situations we’re not privy to but as it’s written in the social media constitution, the man must take the blame.

Let me take it back a bit to Tyler Perry’s Acrimony; most people castigated Robert like he was supposed to die on the hill of a woman that got tired (deservedly); but would anyone blame Robert for moving on if his batteries didn’t hit jackpot after many tries? I digress.

The story of Paul Okoye and his ex-wife led to this particular article, and I’m disgusted at how the same old narrative of “she suffered with him” resurfaced again, now I’m asking, was the suffering in her enduring poverty of laboring hard to help him acquire property?

What exactly was that lady’s role in P-Square’s rise? Lol, we know their story in case you’ve forgotten how they started with BAT concert; if it was even Peter’s wife I can understand the narrative but Paul’s? It’s not on my blog that you will read about her and her ways. I rest that one.

I have said this before and I’ll say again, don’t date a man that you see as broke. It’s that simple, same way you should maintain the same energy if a man says he can’t be with a woman that can’t do this or that, you have standards, and a man deserves his too. It’s not that hard or is it?

Most ladies won’t develop themselves; they will claim they’re suffering with a man that will soon see the light; I’m sorry to tell you, you’re doing yourself. No one will trend justice hashtag for you when shit hits the fan. Listen, it will end in tears and jokes will be on you in Jesus name.

As much as I am always for the protection of women, I need my women to also use their senses. Dead that “I suffered with him” agenda. If he’s not comfortable enough or working hard to enhance his potential, you are a problem if you stick around, it’s your choice so live with it and leave my social media space alone. Selah.

Comments

  1. Does I suffered with him entail serving him pussy for breakfast lunch and dinner whilst he was broke? Lol, my gender and their entitlement mentality..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If her name is Precious, you're single

One careless night

One hellish year and my one and half legs